Advantages to Surgeons:
- Professional “physician centric” experience, combined with the ability to perform higher
acuity cases in the ASC setting resulting in lower infection and complication rates.
- Improved productivity due to efficiencies.
- Active participation in the episode of care and clinical outcomes.
- More marketable to patients seeking increased value and personal care.
- Global One will handle program approvals required by the Bundled Fee Program.
- Ease of billing.
The Bundled Fee Program provides a pre-determined single payment option for an episode of care at an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC). The program is designed to provide alignment with the facility, surgeon and anesthesiologist which leads to a high quality outcome in a lower cost setting. It is designed for a particular pre-diagnosed condition requiring surgery, such as, orthopedic and joint replacement surgery.
The single payment option motivates the facility and physicians to function as one team and to adopt “best practices.” The single payment option reduces waste and redundancies by creating true alignment of all providers around a surgical episode of care.
The Bundled Fee Program has the potential to dramatically reduce cost, while providing budget certainty to patients, payers and/or employers.
The Bundled Fee Program is expected to be the main payment methodology for surgical episodes (for PPO members), in next 5-10 years.
If you are interested in learning more about the Bundled Fee Program please call 760-602-7872, Option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org